Thursday, October 13, 2022

...[S]o that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2

...[S]o that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:7

This morning I attended my Disciple (D) Group that grew out of my church's Men's Wake Up Call gatherings. Our focus over the next six weeks is Ephesians. This morning we discussed Ephesians 1, and of course, not by accident this was also covered by Pastor Dave during MS/HS gathering this past Sunday (which I attend with Dustin).  I am getting a review of Ephesians from multiple angles as I reviewed it again today by listening to DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion for today, which looks at Ephesians 2:7 and where John Piper uses Luke 12:35-37 to explain why this passage of scripture shows the coming Messiah as a servant vs how we expect to see God during end times which is as a conquering king: "[b]ecause the very heart of [God's] glory is the fullness of grace that overflows in kindness to needy people. This is why Ephesians 2:7 says he aims “in the coming ages [to] show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."  Believers of course recognize how Jesus served during His ministry on earthy but Piper wants us to understand that "[t]here is no other god like this. He never relinquishes the role of inexhaustible benefactor of his ever-dependent, happy people."  Once again be encouraged by how great our God is and that He loves us and is SO full of grace for us!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Je sus, You are an awesome God who is rich in grace and kindness towards me - inexhaustibly so!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues....daily.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.