Friday, October 21, 2022

I will recount the steadfast love of the Lord, the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord has granted us, and the great goodness to the house of Israel that he has granted them according to his compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love.

Isaiah 61-63

I will recount the steadfast love of the Lord, the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord has granted us, and the great goodness to the house of Israel that he has granted them according to his compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love. Isaiah 63:7

I resume my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  My study of Isaiah moves on to day 5 (of 5) of week 22, which looks at Isaiah 61-63.  Day 5 focuses on a more detailed examination of how Isaiah 63 depicts judgement day.  My study includes comparisons of Isaiah 63 to Isaiah 61:2, 59:15-16, Joel 3:9-17, Zechariah 14:1-19, Revelation 14:14-20, and 19:11-16.  My study urges me, and all believers to live a holy, Godly life, maintaining faith and trust in God as I prepare for judgement day.  Isaiah 63:7 helps in this regard by constantly reminding myself of all the blessings God has poured out for me - and His steadfast love and compassion. My study also refers me to 2 Peter 3:11-12 as preparation for judgement day:

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father Jesus, You are an amazing God and You are judge and justice - and Your justice is perfect and You are perfect in all of Your ways.  We cannot fully appreciate Your ways and thoughts and know as we live an earthly life, but we can rest knowing that You alone are our refuge, now and forevermore!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love, grace, and compassion.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.