Saturday, April 17, 2010

Seek God and He Will Protect You

Today's Reading
Genesis chps 16-19

My last post was about Abram developing a real relationship with God, one where Abram doubts, questions, and even challenges the Lord. This of course is what God wants - he wants us just where we are and he will meet us. Before that of course, we must KNOW him, TALK to him and LISTEN to him. I strive to have the daily child-like relationship with God that I truly desire, yet there is much more room for growth here.

The world is full of sin, then - just look at what is happening already in Genesis - and now. Then God wiped out all of humanity except Noah's family and then he destroys Sodom and Gomorrah. Today those who fall prey to sin are doomed - I certainly don't want that and I don't want that for my family. With so much wickedness in the world, I must protect myself and also seek God.

"When he [Lot] hesitated, the men [Angels of the Lord] grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the LORD was merciful to them. As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, Flee for your lives! Don't look back, and don't stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!" (Gen 19:16-17)

My Prayer: Lord I pray that I can develop a daily child like relationship where I seek you out and just desire to be with you...to talk to you, to listen to you, to question you. Help me keep running to you and away from sin. Protect me Lord. I know that if I seek you out you will protect me!