Tuesday, February 12, 2013

...but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 9

...but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord. v24

The Lord IS certainly kind, just, and righteous...and patient.  So far, in what I have read in Jeremiah, it is clear that that the Lord loves His children because He agonizes over what punishment he should carry out for the Israelites - who have sinned greatly.  His agony spans multiple chapters. 

In the same way, I disappoint God I know.  This is certainly not my desire.  I know He loves my anyway and so I am deeply thankful for His grace.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, full of mercy and grace - for me.  I am undeserving of such grace. I am not bold in my faith and my thoughts are impure - just a couple of the many sins I commit.  I know You love me anyway but please forgive.  Reveal to me today Your will and Your desires for my life Jesus.  I desperately seek to serve You.