Thursday, February 7, 2013

The bellows blow fiercely to burn away the lead with fire, but the refining goes on in vain; the wicked are not purged out.

Jeremiah 6

“I have made you a tester of metals
and my people the ore,
that you may observe
and test their ways.
28 They are all hardened rebels,
going about to slander.
They are bronze and iron;
they all act corruptly.
29 The bellows blow fiercely
to burn away the lead with fire,
but the refining goes on in vain;
the wicked are not purged out.
30 They are called rejected silver,
because the Lord has rejected them.” v27-30

God is just...He punishes us for own good.  Here the Israelites wickedness extends at least from the first chapter through the sixth chapter and God is very patient and it hurts Him to punish His children with such harshness but it is for their own good.

My Prayer: Lord, I know I deserve severe punishment for my own wickedness and sin in my life - I am far from perfect.  Yet You are full of grace and compassion.  Thank You Lord Jesus.  Please help me rid sin in my life and help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Take me and make me Yours.  I desire to delight and please You Lord Jesus.