Wednesday, February 27, 2013

But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.

Jeremiah 20

But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior;
so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. v11

Israel and Judah are rebelling greatly against God, who is very angry and sends Jeremiah to prophesize of their impending punishment.  He is beaten and put in the stocks.  Yet He gains strength from the Lord:

They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
their dishonor will never be forgotten.
Lord Almighty, you who examine the righteous
and probe the heart and mind,
let me see your vengeance on them,
for to you I have committed my cause.

Sing to the Lord!
Give praise to the Lord!
He rescues the life of the needy
from the hands of the wicked. v11-13

I often feel under attack, from others, from my own thoughts, all clearly under the direction of Satan himself.  The Lord is my refuge - He is my shield.

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.  Proverbs 30:5

My Prayer: Lord, You are perfect and flawless and Your word is perfect and flawless.  You also provide The Holy Spirit so that I can feel Your presence.  All of this for me.  Amazing.  I am not deserving of all of this.  Thank You for Your unending, unconditional love.  Please forgive me for my anger, impatience, discouraging talk to others, laziness, etc.  Mold me and refine me.  Transform both my heart and my life Lord Jesus.  Please make Your desires my desires.