Tuesday, February 5, 2013

But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 1

But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. v7-8

The Lord has spoken to me through scripture, and through sermons, and songs and He has often pierced my heart to do something and I often don't follow His commands.

I too say what Jeremiah says, essentially that I am not ready or not now...I am thankful that I have a God who is willing to help if I just ask for it.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are capable of anything yet I am weak.  I thank You that You love me anyway but please Lord, give me strength and meet me this morning.  Reveal to me Your wisdom.  Refine and purify me.  Encourage and work through me so that I can be Your instrument for Your great and glorious will.