Wednesday, February 20, 2013

For as a belt is bound around the waist, so I bound all the people of Israel and all the people of Judah to me,’ declares the Lord, ‘to be my people for my renown and praise and honor

Jeremiah 13

In a moment ofgreat disappointment over the disobedience of Israel and Judah, God reveals what His desire is for all of His children:

For as a belt is bound around the waist, so I bound all the people of Israel and all the people of Judah to me,’ declares the Lord, ‘to be my people for my renown and praise and honor. v11

I desire to both be bound to God, to be His, and to serve Him for His renown and honor.

My Prayer: Lord, You can do anything - yet You chose me specifically to help me be a part of your perfect and glorious plan for this world.  You also love me and I am the apple of Your eye.  Amazing that You do this for me.  I am not deserving of such love.  My faith is weak.  Yet You love me anyway.  Thank You Jesus.  Please both forgive me for my weakness but also strengthen me.  Give me energy and help me - I want to serve You with all of my heart, mind, and soul.