Thursday, February 28, 2013

Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.

Jeremiah 22

Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place. v3

The Lord is very angry with Judah and the people know it.  Yet the King of Judah - Zedekiah - has the gall to request from the Lord refuge and protection from the attacking Babylonians. The Lord not only says no but sends Jeremiah to Jerusalem to deliver the above message.

Of course this message applies equally today, to me, just as it did to Israel then.

I read about it only 3 days ago in James.  I need both faith and deeds.

My Prayer: Lord, You serve me all the time and bless me beyond me what I deserve.  You are a great God full of love, kindness and mercy.  I desire to be more like You. I know I am made in Your image to serve and glorify you but I know I fall short many or most of the time.  I have impure thoughts. I know You love me so thank You but please forgive me.  Help me so that I can be more and more like You every day.