Wednesday, February 13, 2013

‘Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God.

Jeremiah 11

‘Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God. v4

It's really quite simple.  Everything flows from the following two commandments I believe...

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  Matthew 22:36-40

My Prayer: Lord, I know You love me.  I am never deserving of the love You have for me.  Your love is so deep and wide - it is amazing.  You are a God defined by love for His children...specifically for me also.  What a great God!  Yet, I am weak and I fall down in sin...often.  I know of Your love for me...and I am deeply thankful for Your love for me.  Please forgive me for my anger, my laziness, and my impure thoughts.  Please also encourage and strengthen me.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Take me and make me Yours - transform both my heart and my life Lord Jesus.