Monday, February 17, 2014

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

Mark 6

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” v31

Jesus knows everything about us, including our needs.  Here He knew that the disciples were tired and needed rest.  Yet as chapter unfolds, Jesus and the disciples are found by throngs of people seeking Jesus.  The disciples spoke and acted out of self interest but Jesus refused to turn the people away:

When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
 
By this time it was late in the day, so his disciples came to him. “This is a remote place,” they said, “and it’s already very late. Send the people away so that they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”
 
But he answered, “You give them something to eat.” v34-37

Jesus knows but the disciples don't realize it but faith and service to the Lord is life GIVING!


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and without a doubt life giving in so many ways: encouraging, blessing, healing, protecting, freedom from bondage to sin, etc.  There is no doubt that You are life!  I am not worthy of such blessing as I continue to worry.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus...help me turn from such sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength...and gain peace and contentment through my faith!