Wednesday, February 26, 2014

“Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.”

Mark 8

“Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.” v12

I know that I am not to test God.  

Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test". Luke 4:12

Sometimes I confuse asking God for a sign that He should make clear to me what His will is for my life versus being aware of what God has already said to me and being aware in general of what He says to me because I often I am not listening.

Although it is most often associated with listening to others, I believe the same thing can be said about James' guidance for us to listen in that we should listen more to God:

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen...James 1:19

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You word is complete, sufficient, alive and active in my life...I just need to pay attention...to what You have said and what You are saying.  I need to be aware...and be obedience...and submit.  Your will and plans are perfect, including for my life.  Yet sometimes I think I know best.  I know this is sinful.  Yet I thank You that You love me anyway.  Please forgive me for my sinful thoughts about pride, arrogance, control, etc.  Help me lean on You for all things.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my hearts, soul, mind, and strength.