Monday, February 3, 2014

“Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

Mark 3

“Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.” v34-35

We have earthly relationships that are all important to us: spouses, children, siblings, parents, friends, etc.  Yet we must be mindful that our most important relationship is with Jesus Christ.

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  Matthew 22:36-40

Our life's work should glorify Christ - at home, in the workplace, everywhere!  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are.  You have rescued me very troubles and healed me many times.  You suffered and died for and continue to mold me and transform my heart and life so that I can be more of the man You intend for me.  What an amazing blessing You are - the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worthy of such love an blessing - I worry FAR too much. Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.