Monday, February 24, 2014

“Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”

Mark 7

“Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.” v28

Before you can accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior You must acknowledge a need...that you sin and fall short of the glory of God.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...Romans 3:23

It is said again at the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

It's also important in my view that our humility must continue otherwise our arrogance leads us astray from God and His will for our lives.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You know me, even before I was born, and You had and still have great plans for me...and You know what is best for me.  Yet sometimes I think I know best...or I worry.  These are both sinful and for this I know I am not deserving of Your love and kindness but You provide it anyway and You bless me beyond what I deserve.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for these sins and help me turn from these sins.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.