Tuesday, February 11, 2014

“Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

Mark 4

“Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!” v41

A right relationship with Jesus Christ requires that fully appreciate who He is.  He is not just a teacher or someone who can work miracles.  He is the Messiah...the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Name Above all Names...and He is my Lord my Savior.

In the Sermon on the Mount it says:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3

Being poor in spirit requires that we acknowledge that we sin and the only way we can be forgiven of our sins is to ask Jesus Christ to come into our lives as our Lord and Savior and to ask for forgiveness because only He can forgive.

In this passage of Mark that I am reading today, the disciples acknowledge Jesus as teacher...after this interaction on the boat at least they are beginning to get a sense of who He is.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, sovereign over all and Lord of my life.  You have blessed me well beyond what I deserve.  I am weak and grow angry, impatient and upset much too easily....I should be thankful in all circumstances and slow to anger, quick to listen.  Yet too often I am not...including today.  Thank You that You love Jesus but please forgive me.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.