Thursday, February 13, 2014

“Don’t be afraid; just believe.”

Mark 5

“Don’t be afraid; just believe.” v36

As a follow up to yesterday's post where I remarked that Jesus seeks out personal encounters with Him, today in Mark reinforces my post from yesterday.  Jesus not only personal encounters with us, but DEEPLY personal encounters.  While He knows all of our thoughts (see Psalm 139:1-3), He wants us to share all of them with Him.  He wants us intimately.  Of course what makes this all the more remarkable is that He does not need us...He is God!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed remarkable in all ways.  My words of course cannot describe Your power, wisdom, beauty, compassion, etc.  You are who we aspire to be more like...we know we cannot be You but You desire us to be more like You.  We are created in Your image and chosen by You to be with You...if only we believe.  I believe Lord.  Yet I often fail to believe...I worry too much.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive Jesus and help me turn from my worry.  Help me give up all of my cares and worries to You so that I can trust in You for ALL of my life.  Help me also be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.