Friday, February 28, 2014

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

Mark 8

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." v34

It is written many times in scripture that there is a cost to following Jesus. One verse that I believe sums it up nicely (other than Mark 8:34) is the following: 

"Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”  Matthew 20:26-28

It's not about ME...it's about Jesus and how WE can serve Him and others FIRST.  

My worry is a focus on ME...NOT HIM!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have blessed me beyond what I deserve in SO many ways.  I am not deserving of Your love and blessing but You provide it all the same...and then some.  I am deeply thankful.  Yet I need Your grace daily so I come to You.  Please forgive me for my worry.  It is my way of saying I AM important when I KNOW now that Your glory is so much more important than me.  So help me turn from my worry and selfishness and help me see how You are all I need.