Monday, March 3, 2014

“Everything is possible for one who believes.”

Mark 9

“Everything is possible for one who believes.” v23

Jesus becomes frustrated with the disciples here who are unable to heal a demon-possessed boy.  He admonishes them for their lack of faith.  When He encounters the boy's father Jesus indicates that all things are possible through faith in response to the father's statement "But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”

Again I am struck by own lack of belief in faith...in things big and small.  I need to both come to Jesus for everything and be specific in my prayer:

In Matthew 20:32 Jesus asks a two blind men seeking help to be clear in their requests, asking them "[w]hat do you want me to do for you?”

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great...You have blessed me beyond what I deserve.  Yet I still worry and I don't share all of my concerns and worries with You.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me. Help me turn from such sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me bring all of my worries to You and be specific in my requests to You.