Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

Mark 10

Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” v48

One thing that strikes me in this story is how the Bartimaeus was rebuked and told to be quiet but he could not...his desire and faith in Jesus to heal him was such that he could not be silenced.  Which of course begs the question for me - are others able to silence me and my desire and faith?  To be sure, I have not been tested to the extent that I would be in danger either emotionally or physically but my hope is that I could not be silenced.  Additionally, I would hope that I would not be silenced by own perception of persecution....this latter item in particular seems most real to me in terms of threats to my faith - the stones/obstacles I put on my own faith.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my rock - never changing and always there in all of Your strength, love, and glory.  I know I can come to You for everything and anything.  Yet I often fail to trust You with all aspects of my life.  This is sinful.  I thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  You ask me to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Yet often I do not.  Help me turn from this sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  DO help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.