Wednesday, March 5, 2014

“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with each other.”

Mark 9

“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with each other.” v50

My bible commentary indicates that this verse implores us to have salt within us...in other words to study, reflect on and memorize scripture.  Yet I think there is more because different interpretations (such as the NIV quoted above vs "in" - see KJV) of the bible indicate "among" yourselves which if you go by the dictionary definition of among means "in the presence of a group of people or things" - of course being explicit about group.  I know that God intends for us to share our lives with our brothers and sisters in Christ.  Luke provides an example of how the early church did just this - see Acts 2:42-47.  To that end, I am hopeful that Lisa and I can find a good group home where we can more fully share our lives with our Christian brothers and sisters.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great in that You have led Lisa and I to Raleigh where we enjoy a life full of blessings.  We are not deserving of such rich blessings - a church, friends and family that pray and support us, and so much more.  I know for myself that I continue to be greatly selfish.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for my selfishness and help me turn from this sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.