Tuesday, March 4, 2014

“Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”

Mark 9

“Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.” v35

I know You came to serve...and as a demonstration of this You performed the ultimate act of service - You suffered greatly and died on the cross so that we (including me!) would not be slaves to sin and so that we could have eternal life in heaven with You.

You are the greatest gift of all time...by a long shot and then some.  Yet I often think of my comfort above others...I am deeply selfish.  Jesus, help me overcome my selfish nature!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have served and blessed me well beyond what I deserve!  I continue to seek my own comfort even though I am required by You to pick up my cross and follow You - to deny my selfish wishes and to serve!  How weak I am!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from my selfishness and serve as You love and serve me.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.