Monday, March 24, 2014

They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.

Luke 1

They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak. v22

Clearly Zechariah was acting in way that it was clear God is real, He is active, He is great, and He is working in Zechariah's life.  This begs the question to me...do I also act in such a way so that it is clear to others that God is real, active, great, and working in my life? More importantly, are others drawn to God because of who I am and how I live my life.

Other scripture that supports this way of living life:

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

...

 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed real, active, great, and worthy of my worship.  You created the universe and all of its inhabitants - a splendorous achievement, and You created me then suffered and died for me so that I would not be slave to sin and would have eternity in heaven with You.  You are the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I have worried greatly over my job and this is deeply sinful.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.