Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

Mark 14

"Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” v36

Whatever suffering I experiencing - whether that be physical or emotional suffering - nothing compares to what Jesus experienced with his arrest and crucifixion.  Nothing.   Yet I often find myself suffering and I don't have the presence of mind to keep in mind that Jesus WILLINGLY went to the cross...for me!  Now I know Jesus knows everything about me and what is best for me.  I must submit to HIS will just as Jesus submitted Himself to His Father's will.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God whom I know is full of love and mercy for me.  You suffered and served in my name and You became for me the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worthy of such rich blessing, love and mercy.  I continue to be lazy.  I don't work as if I am serving You.  I work for my own comfort and desires.  This is sinful I know!  Thank You Jesus that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.