Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice[i] you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept.

Mark 14

Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept. v72

What is always interesting is how different accounts of Jesus' life are portrayed in the bible.  Mark makes no mention of how Jesus looks into the eyes of Peter after the rooster crowed, nor does Matthew.  Yet Luke says:

The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Luke 22:61

The Lord knows everything about us...what is in our hearts and what we are dealing with...Jesus probably understood the fear Peter must have been feeling at the time and he empathized with Peter's act to disown...even so emphatically (3X)!.  Yet Jesus loves us, and suffered and died for us anyway.

Amazing grace!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are amazing as is Your grace.  That You know everything about me, including my sin, yet You love me, suffered greatly for me, then died for me...is AMAZING!  I am not worth such love, blessing, grace and mercy.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my sloth.  I know You desire for me to obey my earthly masters and to work for them as if I were working for You.  I very often do not have this servant heart attitude.  Please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.