Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Mark 10

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” v45

I am sinful today with regard to my attitude about my job.  I don't do my best and work as if I am working for the Lord.  I don't work with a servant heart...out of humility to demonstrate Jesus to those with whom I work.

Peter also asks this of us in 1 Peter:

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peter 2:18

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are God that serves even though You don't have to...You did not have to suffer and die for us yet You did and You continue to be an active loving God working on our behalf daily.  I am not worth such blessing.  I worry too much, I have too much pride, and I think and say bad things about people.  These are all GREATLY sinful.  I am sorry Jesus for these sins.  Please forgive me.  Help me turn from these sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.