Monday, March 17, 2014

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come."

Mark 13

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.  Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come." v32-33

It is often said to live life "with the end in mind".  This point is emphasized here in Mark and elsewhere in scripture...here and here.  Yet I often come up with excuses as to why I don't do this or that...I am weak.

My Prayer: Lord, Your plans and Your will have produced fruit beyond what I deserve in my life.  I am blessed WELL beyond what I deserve.  I am weak...I am selfish, and I am harsh with my words, quick to anger, and slow to listen.  I thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.