Thursday, March 20, 2014

Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him.

Mark 15

Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. v19

Jesus did not come to be served but to serve:

...just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28

And Jesus says multiple times that those who are first will be last:

But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first. Matthew 19:30

I think alot about my own desires and about my status in life...jobs, etc.  This is clearly sinful thinking and instead I should focus on humility, service, and being last...this is where the greater glory lies.  Here in Mark 15, Jesus is willingly submitting handing himself over to the chief priests, leaders of the law, and to Pilate...all to be beaten and crucified....for me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed and amazing God full of love, compassion, mercy, kindness, etc.  My words are but mere words.  They do not do justice to Your greatness.  You clearly don't need me but Jesus You handed Yourself over willingly to be beaten and killed...for me.  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I worry about myself, and my status...this is WRONG!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.