Tuesday, February 25, 2014

After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears.

Mark 7

After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. v33

Once again, I am reading here in Mark how Jesus so desires a PERSONAL encounter with us.  With the deaf and mute man, Jesus could have easily just spoken words and touched the man to provide him with speech and sight but instead Jesus goes out of His way to ensure the deaf and mute man knows it is Jesus that has done this feat and that He does so in a very personal intimate manner - placing fingers in the man's ears and by touching and spitting on the man's tongue...I suppose you can get more intimate than that but not really...

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You care about me...You care so deeply for me that You came to earth to live and suffer just as I do and then You died a gruesome death only to rise again so that I would not be slave to sin and have eternity in heaven with You.  You are so gracious to me and that is an understatement!  I am not deserving of such love and blessing...again I worry.  I know this is sinful and I thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from my worry and instead love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Also, if it is Your will that I have this job I am seeking at Apptio, please let me know - either way.  I desire to follow Your will for my life.