Wednesday, February 19, 2014

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” v8

Mark 7

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” v8

Lord Jesus, I want to come to You in worship, study, prayer, and service with an earnest and genuine love of You in mind.  I seek to glorify Jesus alone...not myself.  I know from time to time this is this not case and it is certainly not the case of the Pharisees in this story who keep the law but do so with an empty and self-righteous heart. 

I truly desire to love, serve, study (Your Word), and pray with an earnest and genuine love of You in mind.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a great God worthy of my worship, my time, my love, my service, my faith - ALL of me!  You have blessed me beyond what I deserve as I continue to sin and fall short of You Jesus.  I so desperately seek to be more like You.  Yet I continue to work and I continue to speak harshly and discouragingly to others...like Zach.  I don't want to do this.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me.  Help me be rid of this sin...help me turn from this sin. Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.