Thursday, January 30, 2014

But he gave them strict orders not to tell others about him

Mark 3

But he gave them strict orders not to tell others about him. v12

One might think that Jesus' orders here to be odd - why would He tell those He healed not to tell others?  To me this is straightforward - Jesus knew that many if not all of those who had been healed might not fully appreciate who Jesus is.  The Good News of Jesus Christ is that He is not just a man with great powers...He is God himself!

I must acknowledge this daily, worship Him, thank Him for His many blessings, seek forgiveness for my sin and come to Him with my concerns.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are truly a great God - the One and Only True God.  The Lord of Lords and the Name Above All Names.  You created the earth, the universe, and all of its inhabitants.  You were there at the beginning of time and You will be there at the end of times.  You created me and know everything about me.  You suffered and died for me and bless me beyond what I deserve.  I love You Jesus.  But I am weak...I worry...and I am selfish and impatient.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from this sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.