Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Matthew 26

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” v39

Jesus is the source of all things - all powerful, all knowing, full of compassion, mercy, etc. (Galatians 5:22).  He does not need us in His life yet He willingly suffered a gruesome death (and rose again) so that we may have life.  I reflect on this for a few moments and without a doubt I recognize Jesus as the greatest gift to me ever and I can go to Jesus anytime and He is always there...plus because He took on human form He can empathize with my troubles.  What a great God I have!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the greatest gift of all time!  You bless me beyond what anything else can.  And You died for me so that I may have life - in abundance.  I am not worth such blessing.  I am weak, selfish, and impatient.  Thank You that You have loved me and You continue to love me but please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from these sins.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.