Thursday, January 23, 2014

In the same way the rebels who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

Matthew 27

 In the same way the rebels who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him. v44

Like those who crucified Jesus, I too easily speak harshly of His children and I sin.  Indeed, I have posted over the previous two days, we are all sinful and fall short of the glory of God.  In the same way, one can say we are all guilty of Jesus going to the cross.  After all, it was OUR sin that that was necessary for Jesus to nail to the cross.  Without OUR (all of humanity) sin, Jesus would not need to come to earth in human form...He would not need to suffer and die for our sins.

So we are sinful and God suffered and died for us - despite our sin.  Once again I am reminded that Jesus Christ is the greatest gift of all time...and He is my Lord and Savior.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE my Lord and Savior, I accept that You died for me so that I could live...a new life...here on earth, and eternity in heaven with You.  You are the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worth such a price.  I speak harshly of Your children...and I sometimes deny You.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.