Monday, January 27, 2014

And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 1

And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. v4

As a nice segue from yesterday's post where I heard God's encouragement for me to actively spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all people, I hear today Jesus' same message.  Of course the wilderness is today's world - full of sin and disbelief. 

The message is of course not just about repentance, but also about what we get from repentance - freedom from sin and eternal life with Jesus in heaven - the greatest gift of all time.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE the greatest gift of all time.  There is nothing else I need and certainly nothing else I desire will satisfy and provide like You do.  I am not worth such love and blessing that You provide.  I am full of sin - selfishness, pride, anger, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus from such sin.  Help me turn from such sin and help me serve You by actively spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ to all.