Thursday, January 9, 2014

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Matthew 25

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ v45

Wow...damning (literally) statements from Jesus in terms of how our service to others reflects our love for Jesus.  The way I see it, there is a direct relationship between how much we love and serve others and how much we love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.

As I posted yesterday from James,  we cannot separate faith from action.  Faith is not just reading, studying, praying but also DOING (among other things).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You love me by being in ACTION - You are a loving and active God in my life...constantly blessing me and of course You never cease to love me!  Amazing!  I am not worthy of such love...I have impure thoughts, words and actions.  Thank You that You love me but please forgive me Jesus...help me turn from such sin.  Help me be more like You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.