Thursday, January 16, 2014

Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: “Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Matthew 26

Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: “Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. v75

As a follow up to yesterday's post, Jesus commands us live a life where the Holy Spirit can be seen visibly in our behavior and in what we say.  We must not be a light that cannot be seen.

 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:14-16

The question of course is whether I am willing to live a life where I am unafraid to allow my light to shine.  Peter denied Jesus...will I?

My Prayer: I am convinced that You have transformed both my heart and my life.  I am a better husband, father, and man because of the miracle of your work in my life.  You are the One and Only God...and You are my God.  Yet I am not worthy of Your blessings in my life Jesus because I have denied You on many occasions and while I am thankful that You love me anyway, I desperately need Your forgiveness.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.