Tuesday, January 21, 2014

“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.”

Matthew 27

“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.” v4

Commentary found here indicates that the chief priests claim no responsibility for the shedding of innocent blood - the blood of Christ.  The commentary calls out the chief priests for their hypocrisy - indicating that all who participate and support such sin are guilty of the sin.  This implies that we are guilty of sin if we choose not to point out sin in our own church - of course as indicated in the Bible here.

 My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are pure, holy, and blameless.  Even as a man in human form....how great You are and You are worthy of my worship and my love and devotion.  Yet I fall down and I worship other Gods - my own comfort in particular.  I don't come to you every day in prayer and study and I don't stand for righteousness I as You desire.  I am weak Lord.  Yet I know You love me and I am thankful.  Please forgive me though Jesus and help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.