Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

Matthew 26

Then all the disciples deserted him and fled. v56

Wow...damning behavior for the disciples...of course all predicted by Jesus the previous evening at the last supper.  The question for me is to what extent I am willing to stand up for my faith with public pronouncements that may put me in harms way...will I run as the disciples did?

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the one true God....pure, holy, and blameless.  You are almighty, all knowing, and all loving.  What a great God You are...You have blessed me beyond what I deserve.  I am full of pride.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for such prideful behavior as I have displayed today.  Please help me turn from this behavior.  Please help me be the man You intend for me Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.