Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols?

1 Corinthians 8

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.  For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? v9-10

Our life should be a witness to others, and we are not be slack in our ways or a hypocrite...even in the slightest or smallest "insignificant" ways.  Unbelievers will use our ways to justify their own wicked ways.  

I am the Lord, who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy. Leviticus 11:45

My Prayer:  Lord, You ARE Holy...pure, holy and blameless.  Yet You willingly came to earth, for me, and then suffered and died for me.  You rose again to beat death, so that I would no longer be a slave to sin, I would have forgiveness for my sin, and that I would have new life and life in Heaven forever with You and my brothers and sisters in Christ.  How awesome You are.  I am not all of what You have done..or any of it.  I have lust in my heart, I am selfish, quick to anger and slow to listen, impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions...and there is more.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for my sin and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do and help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.