Tuesday, February 24, 2015

On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers.

2 Corinthians 1

On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. v10-11

Paul reflects on his demise and how God saved him from physical harm and indeed Lisa is facing this and I am trying to walk alongside her.  Paul finds great comfort by leaning on Christ and through the prayers of others.  I too gain great comfort from Christ and from the prayers of others.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my protector, Lisa's protector and so much more...I know You are walking along side us during this trial and I know others are praying fervently for us.  Praise for both of these sources of kindness and love.  I am not worth such love.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, harsh with my thoughts/words/actions, selfish, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith - help me be the man You intend for me.  Give me strength.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.