Sunday, February 8, 2015

I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.

1 Corinthians 9

I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. v22

Lord, You came to seek and save the lost and Your charge all of your servants to do the same.  Here Paul encourages me to meet people where they are.  We should not be someone we are not but we should be in relationship with people and not an "outsider" to the extent that we cannot fully appreciate the circumstances in which people find themselves.  To win the hearts and minds of unbelievers we must be in relationship with others and appreciate their circumstances...so we can talk into their lives where they are.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus...what an awesome God You are.  You knew everything about me...sin and all...yet You chose to come for me...to suffer and die for me.  You continue to serve me daily and I know You love me more than anyone on earth ever can.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and sacrifice...I am lustful, harsh with my thoughts, words, actions, selfish, etc.  Please forgive me for my sin and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.