Sunday, February 22, 2015

Do everything in love.

1 Corinthians 16

Do everything in love. v14

As much as I can I pray that I can follow the two most important commands:
1. Love the Lord with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength
2. Love others as Jesus does loves us (John 13)

Love is probably one of the most discussed topics in the Bible.  Another verse that pops into my head:

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

My Prayer: Lord, YOU are love.  You are love beyond what I can ever comprehend...deeper and broader than my human understanding...and You love me...even though You know everything about me, including my sin...and You chose me and then suffered and died in my place.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a love.  I am lazy, selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, full of pride, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.