Tuesday, February 17, 2015

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. v31

I have often referred to scripture that indicates that we should do our best.

See also here.  God provides us with all we need, including time, treasures, talents, food, shelter, etc. and He expects us to make much with what He provides and places in our care.  See also Luke 12:48:

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. 

My Prayer:  Lord, You indeed are a great God...full of love, compassion, mercy, generosity, etc. and so much more!  Your love for all of Your children knows no boundaries...and You actively work on our behalf and You are always there for us...despite what we do!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such blessing...I am full of judgement in my heart and in my actions and words.  I worry...I am quick to anger and slow to listen.  Thank You that You love me anyway and please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.