Thursday, February 19, 2015

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

1 Corinthians 13

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. v11

I believe I am a man, yet I often act like a child - in my selfishness, my laziness, my anger, my impatience, etc.  I desperately need Jesus to strengthen me and to help me be the man He intends for me.

My Prayer: Lord, I know that when I am weak You are strong.  You provide in all ways...I am not deserving of how You provide or even that You provide at all.  You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, lazy, harsh with my thoughts/words/actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.