Monday, February 23, 2015

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

2 Corinthians 1

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. v3-4

I know God comforts me and Lisa but I don't yet understand why God is allowing Lisa to have cancer...I know God is good and I wait expectantly for God's goodness but I am loathe to suffer through this and more importantly I am loathe to see Lisa suffer...she has been nothing but sweetness, gentleness, and service as a wife and mom to myself, Zach, and Dustin.  I look to Jesus Christ alone for comfort and wisdom...to help us through this.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my rock...I know we can count on You.  When the whole world crumbles around me...I know You are there and always will be.  I am not deserving of such a God.  I am weak, I worry, I doubt, I am impatient, quick to anger and slow to listen, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.