Tuesday, February 3, 2015

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

1 Corinthians 4

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. v20

Paul warns us of arrogance and haughty talk...this is foolishness.  What we say means nothing unless we submit to Jesus Christ and allow Him to speak through us.  If we don't and we speak using our own words and through our worldly worldview, then of course our words are meaningless.  As Paul writes we should be come "fools for Christ" vs wise in this world.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, all wisdom and knowledge comes from You are wise indeed - beyond any description and I am to see You in all of my moments and days for guidance in my life and my challenges.  I am lost without You.  I need You desperately in my life...I am sinful. I lust in my heart, commit adultery in my heart sometimes...thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Please help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness....2 Timothy 3:16

Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path. Psalm 119:105