Saturday, February 28, 2015

Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.

2 Corinthians 3

Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. v5

I often suffer from the sins of arrogance and pride and I need reminders often that all comes from God and that I am not to boast about anything.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are all powerful, all knowing, and full of love for me...of course Your love knows no bounds and You chose me...knowing everything about me...sin and all...how awesome is that!  I am not worth such love.  I am selfish, lazy, prideful, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be strong for Lisa.  Help me serve Lisa.  Please cure Lisa and give her comfort from pain and suffering.  I love You Jesus.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.