Sunday, March 1, 2015

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. v17

Many believers and non believers alike assume that Christ = rules for living.  Instead, as Paul rightly points out, Christ = freedom.  Of course, Christ is so much more but in the context of this letter to the church in Corinth, Christ motivates us and inspires us by providing freedom...from sin the shame of sin, from worry, etc.  God is great...we need not worry with Christ in our hearts and lives.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great!  You ARE freedom...from sin, from shame of sin, from worry...and so much more!  You are all I need.  Yet unfortunately, I act on a daily basis as if I can do things my way...this is bondage...and of course sinful!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from my sin and towards You...help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Heal and cure her from this cancer!  Help me serve her.  Help me also understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.