Thursday, March 19, 2015

I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1

I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.  I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. v11-12

God gave the Word and is the Word.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

...

And God is of course all powerful in our lives as it serves to "renew" our minds and make us more like Jesus Christ.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

...

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, all powerful, all knowing and boundless in love and mercy...regardless of the fact that the object of Your love is broken..speaking specifically of me.  That You could love, suffer, and die for me...broken and sinful.  I am not worth such a blessing.  I am too easily distracted and I am often not bold as I should be with my love of Christ.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.  Help me grow in my faith.