Monday, March 16, 2015

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord."

2 Corinthians 10

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” v17

There are several nuggets in this chapter, including the following that also speak to me:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. v3-4

...

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. v12

I know I have pride issues and from time to time I also carry the sin of arrogance...both of which I pray that God can help me turn from these sins and towards Him.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are indeed worth boasting about...You created the heavens and the earth, and everything in it...Your love for Your children abounds beyond what we can describe.  You know everything about me...yet You suffered and died for me.  You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am not worth the love and blessings You pour out for me.  I am disobedient, lazy, selfish, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Cure and give Lisa strength and comfort.  Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.