Tuesday, March 17, 2015

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. v9-10

There have certainly been times recently where I have felt weak...almost assuredly I can say that I have also seen Christ's power, particularly with respect to the extent to which our brothers and sisters in Christ have so graciously supported Lisa and myself have experience prayers, love, and support as Lisa goes through cancer treatment.

1 Corinthians 12 and Paul's discussion of unity in the church.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God!  Lisa and I are overwhelmed in a positive way with all of the support and love our brothers and sisters in Christ have provided over the past month or so...You church works in amazing and awesome ways!  Thank You Jesus!  Forgive me for my laziness and disobedience.  I am weak.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please cure Lisa and give her comfort.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.